Numerous customers are dealing with DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error on Chrome today. As the identify suggests, the issue is said to DNS and quite just like DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN that forestalls you from shopping the Internet as regular. Though the issue can occur on any OS together with Home windows 7, Home windows 8, Vista, XP, and Mac OS; the increasingly more Windows 10 users are reporting the error lately. Maintain reading to get higher information about DNS, DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG challenge, and find out how to repair it on Home windows PC as well as a Mac.
- 1 What is DNS?
- 2 What is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG?
- 3 The right way to Repair on DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Android
- 4 Learn how to Repair on DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Home windows 10
- 5 Easy methods to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Mac
What is DNS?
DNS stands for Domain Identify System. It is the service that interprets domain names into IP addresses. Each community has its DNS system, and whether it is unable to translate a website identify into an IP, it is going to ask one other DNS techniques, until it returns right IP.
What is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG?
If DNS server is unable to return right IP for the area identify, it’s going to most certainly return DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error code. There are lots of causes for getting this error, and there are several ways to repair it. This error might happen due to the web provider (ISP), router, pc, or website, so we advocate doing steps until we fix this drawback.
The right way to Repair on DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Android
In case you are seeing DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG chrome error on Android, listed here are the potential fixes. Comply with the solutions in the same order as talked about under.
Answer 1: Restart Router
It is attainable that the difficulty is together with your router. Whenever you restart the router, it returns all default configurations. If there’s any difficulty that was not there by default, it could possibly be removed by restarting. This can be a widespread answer for all the units together with Android, Home windows 10, or Mac. It doesn’t matter which system you’re using, restarting router might fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Android smartphones as well as PC.
Answer 2: Flush DNS Cache on Android
Next answer I will recommend flushing DNS as a way to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Android.
You’ll be able to flush DNS by arduous reset. Simply take out the battery of your Android gadget, wait 30 seconds and put it back. Energy on your smartphone and see if the problem nonetheless exists.
Nowadays we have now many high-end smartphones which comes with non-removable battery. For such smartphones, comply with the under steps to flush DNS cache.
Step 1: Go to chrome. Sort chrome://net-internals/#DNS in handle bar. Tap on “Clear Host Cache”
Step 2: Click the black arrow as shown in the image under. Choose “Clear Cache” and “Flush Sockets” from the options. Now restart the Chrome.
After flushing the DNS cache, verify if it fixes DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Android. In the event you can still see the error, try out next answer.
Answer 3: Renew IP Handle on Android
Renewing IP handle on Android can fix the DNS probe completed dangerous config. Nevertheless, it isn’t as straightforward as Home windows PC and Mac. So as an alternative of moving into depth technical documentation, I’ll recommend you put in ipconfig app obtainable on Google Play. The app will do the job for you.
Learn how to Repair on DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Home windows 10
In case you are a Windows consumer, the under options can fix the issue for as soon as and all. Attempt one by one until the error is fastened. Please observe that these solutions will work on all of the Home windows versions together with Home windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. Nevertheless, we are performing the steps using a Windows 10 PC. There might be a slight difference particularly settings identify; rest can be similar for all the versions.
Tip: In the event you nonetheless utilizing an older model of Home windows, download Windows 10 ISO file here.
Earlier than we begin with the actual options, it is needed to know the place the issue is. For those who succeed to entry the web site from another system on the same network, the problem is most certainly in your pc. If so, go directly to answer two. In case you can’t access the location from any gadget on the identical community, proceed with answer one.
Comparable error: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Answer 1: Restart Router
As mentioned above within the Android solutions, restarting router is a standard options for all the units together with Home windows 10 PC. So, start with this straightforward answer, and if it didn’t work, we might go together with superior settings to repair the DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG on your Home windows 10 PC.
Answer 2: Disable Firewall and Anti-virus on Windows 10
It could possibly be attainable that you’re having issues with Firewall, or an antivirus, so we advise you disable them. It could actually fix the error in minor instances. If it is nonetheless there, flip them again on, and carry on following other solutions. Under are the steps on how you can flip off Windows firewall.
1. Press Start and sort “Firewall” in the search box.
2. As soon as the Windows firewall choice seems, open it, and click on “Turn Windows Firewall on or off.”
three. After that, click on on each “Turn off Windows Firewall” for each personal and public networks. Then click “OK,” and Firewall is disabled.
Professional Tip: Have you learnt you can begin using Home windows 10 A number of Desktops in a couple of seconds?
Answer three: Clean DNS with Command Immediate (CMD)
If the error did not repair in above options, attempt cleaning DNS utilizing Command Prompt. In a lot of the instances, this answer fixes the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error in Chrome. Comply with the steps under.
1. Press Start and sort “cmd.” When Command Immediate appears, click on on “Command Prompt (Admin)” on Home windows 10 PC. In case you are using Home windows 7, 8 or others, right-click on “Command Prompt” choice and select “Run as administrator.”
2. Within the Command Prompt, paste the “ipconfig/release” command and press Enter.
3. Once the above command is completed, now enter “ipconfig/flushdns“. Hit the enter and await the command to execute and complete the process.
4. Now in the subsequent step, run “ipconfig/renew” command similar as above commands.
These instructions will erase your current DNS and “reset” it.
Answer four: Change DNS Tackle in Home windows 10
In case you are still dealing with DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error on Home windows 10, eight, 7 or XP, attempt altering DNS handle in the Control panel. To try this, comply with the under instructions.
Pro tip: Have you learnt it’s attainable to make use of iMessage on Home windows?
1. Open Control panel by pressing Begin, and writing “Control panel.”
2. Seek for “Network and sharing center” in Control Panel and open it. Now click on on “Change adapter settings.”
3. On the Adapter settings web page, right-click on the adapter which you’re using for the Internet connection and select “Properties.” It ought to often be named as your Wi-Fi network identify or “Local area connection,” however it isn’t the case on each system.
four. Within the properties, it is best to see a new window opened with adapter settings. Select your “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP)” property, and click on on “Properties“. Verify picture under for any doubts.
5. Now an one other window should open, click on on “Use the following DNS addresses”. Beneath “Preferred DNS address” enter “184.108.40.206”, and underneath “Alternate DNS server” enter eight.eight.four.4. Press “OK,” and examine on the browser if that fastened your situation.
If it isn’t fastened, attempt switching to Most popular DNS server: 220.127.116.11 and Alternate DNS server: 18.104.22.168. If this also didn’t fix the DNS probe completed dangerous config error, proceed to subsequent answer.
Answer 5: Reset TCP/IP on Home windows 10
It is attainable to reset TCP/IP routinely and manually. We do not advocate doing it manually, particularly in case you don’t know what are you doing, so we advise you go to this link, and comply with Microsoft’s instructions that may routinely reset it.
Associated Fix: ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Answer 6: Reinstall Network Drivers on Windows 10
In a lot of the instances, the above-given solutions repair the DNS probe completed dangerous config drawback. In case your case is totally different and the problem continues to be persistent, you must try to reinstall community adapter drivers. In case you are using outdated and incompatible Network drivers, you’ll be able to very properly face the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG in your internet browser or Chrome.
Comply with the under steps to examine if there’s an update obtainable for network drivers.
1. Go to System Manager. You’ll be able to search “Device Manager” in the search field and open it.
2. Locate “Network adapters” within the listed choices, and broaden the “Network adapters” itemizing.
3. Right click on on adapters and click on on “Update Drivers.” It should take you to a new window. Here select the “Search automatically for updated driver software.” If Home windows discover the brand new drivers, you’ll be able to update them.
The solutions mentioned above ought to repair the DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG for Chrome in Windows PC.
Easy methods to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Mac
Just like Home windows PC users, Mac users also see DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG as the problem is primarily associated to DNS. Take a look at the step-by-step guide under to fix the error on MacBook or iMac.
Answer 1: Renew IP handle on Mac
To resume IP tackle on MacBook, please see the steps under.
1. Click on on Apple emblem in the prime left corner, and choose System Preferences.
2. Open Community from System preferences window. Now select the network you’re related to, and click on Advanced button.
3. Select TCP/IP. After that, click on on Renew DHCS Lease, and that may renew your IP tackle.
Answer 2: Flush DNS on Mac
To flush DNS on Mac, go to Terminal. To open the terminal, you’ll be able to merely search “Terminal” in the search bar. Alternatively, yow will discover it on the path “Finder/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.”
If you opened your Terminal, you have to enter certainly one of following strains, relying on your model of working system.
OS X 10.four (Tiger): “lookupd -flushcache“.
OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard): “dscacheutil -flushcache“.
OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.eight (Mountain Lion): “sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder“.
OS X 10.9 (Mavericks): “dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder“.
OS X 10.10.1, 10.10.2, and 10.10.3: “sudo discoveryutil udnsflushcaches“.
OS X 10.10.4+: “sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder“.
OS X 11 (El Capitan) and OS X 12 (Sierra): “sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder“.
Answer 3: Change DNS Tackle on Mac
For altering DNS on Mac, comply with the first two steps as talked about in the Answer 1 above. Now as an alternative of TCP/IP which we selected within the first answer, choose the DNS tab. Click on “+” and add the eight.eight.8.eight and eight.eight.4.four DNS addresses. After that, click “OK.”
Tell us your experience with our guide. Have been you capable of fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG Chrome error on Home windows 10 or Android or Mac? If the error still exists, remark under with details, and we’ll assist you.
Fix: Service Host Local System (Network Restricted) Excessive Utilization