This Taiwanese Beef Noodle Bowl recipe is straightforward to make and excellent for meal prep for the busy week ahead. Not solely are these beef noodle bowls versatile, this recipe also happens to be gluten-free, dairy free, wholesome, and massively flavorful.
My mother and father are both from Taiwan and although I’ve never traveled there myself, I really feel like I know the flavors of their native food already. Partially, that’s resulting from my mother and father’ fabulous cooking. Of their kitchen, a pinch of this and a touch of that creates taste bud magic.
To this present day, Dad nonetheless starts each day with an enormous bowl of noodles. My boys get a huge kick out of that. To most of us, that sounds relatively funky, however noodles are a morning staple in lots of elements of the world.
The noodles-before-noon routine was never my factor (I’m a Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole sort of woman)… but I’m all in on the subject of making an enormous batch of Taiwanese beef noodle bowls as a healthy and hearty dinner for the fam. I purpose to make sufficient for a minimum of a couple of nights, which is so superior for busy weeks.
An enormous batch of this flavorful beef with sauce is perfection over all types of noodles (including rice noodles and different gluten free noodles,) all kinds of rice, and even in lettuce wraps…
- Noodles of your selection; gluten free noodles, rice noodles, or simply rice for those who favor. You’ll need to prepare dinner your noodles simply to al dente, rinse/drain, toss with toasted sesame oil, and maintain warm till able to serve.
- I exploit 90% lean floor beef to keep issues, nicely, lean.
- Beef broth; go together with common power broth. Do-it-yourself or retailer purchased each work.
- Gluten free Oyster sauce and gluten-free Tamari soy sauce, both of which give that fabulous umami flavor
- Chinese language five-spice powder provides an aromatic depth; you don’t need to skip this.
- Honey is ideal for that little bit of candy that goes virtually unnoticed yet is super essential for balancing the flavors.
- Aromatics: recent garlic, onion, and inexperienced onions are essential here.
- I add bamboo shoots, which everyone in my fam fights over. Bamboo shoots are easily discovered with canned items in Asian aisles of most main grocery stores.
Sure 🙂 Listed here are our favorite easy ideas to ensure your beef noodle bowls come out good each time:
- Prepare dinner the beef/sauce mixture first and the noodles last. It’s simpler to maintain the beef and sauce warm than it’s to keep cooked noodles from sticking if cooked too early.
- After noodles are cooked, rinsed, and drained, drizzle with toasted sesame oil and the next seasonings: onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper. This ensures that every chew has intensely scrumptious flavors.
- Use recent garlic and onion, quite than powdered versions. The recent aromatics simply taste higher.
- If bamboo shoots aren’t your factor, attempt water chestnuts or one other sort of veggie that provides some crunch to the general texture.
- Maintain beef/sauce separate from cooked noodles until able to serve. Maintain leftovers separate as nicely, combining solely when able to serve.
- Attempt the beef sauce over rice noodles, jasmine rice, brown rice, or any number of grains. It’s additionally yummy in a lettuce wrap.
flex: 0 0 100%;
flex: zero 0 50%;
padding: 1.5rem 1rem;
@media display and (min-width: 500px)
flex: 0 zero 33%;
.tasty-recipes-equipment .tasty-link-card p
.tasty-recipes-equipment .tasty-link-card p a
.tasty-recipes-equipment .tasty-link-card span
-webkit-clip-path: polygon(zero zero, 10% zero%, 10% 100%, zero% 100%);
clip-path: polygon(zero zero, 10% zero%, 10% 100%, 0% 100%);
-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 zero, 20% zero%, 20% 100%, 0% 100%);
clip-path: polygon(0 0, 20% 0%, 20% 100%, 0% 100%);
-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 zero, 30% zero%, 30% 100%, 0% 100%);
clip-path: polygon(zero 0, 30% zero%, 30% 100%, zero% 100%);
-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 zero, 40% 0%, 40% 100%, 0% 100%);
clip-path: polygon(zero zero, 40% zero%, 40% 100%, 0% 100%);
-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 50% 0%, 50% 100%, 0% 100%);
clip-path: polygon(zero zero, 50% 0%, 50% 100%, 0% 100%);
-webkit-clip-path: polygon(zero 0, 60% 0%, 60% 100%, zero% 100%);
clip-path: polygon(zero 0, 60% 0%, 60% 100%, 0% 100%);
-webkit-clip-path: polygon(zero zero, 70% 0%, 70% 100%, 0% 100%);
clip-path: polygon(0 0, 70% 0%, 70% 100%, zero% 100%);
-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 zero, 80% zero%, 80% 100%, zero% 100%);
clip-path: polygon(0 0, 80% 0%, 80% 100%, zero% 100%);
-webkit-clip-path: polygon(zero 0, 90% zero%, 90% 100%, 0% 100%);
clip-path: polygon(0 zero, 90% 0%, 90% 100%, zero% 100%);
content material: ‘ ‘;
.tasty-recipes-plug a img
margin: 5px 0 0 8px;
display: none !essential;
/* Tasty Recipes Elegant recipe card types */
border: zero.15em strong;
define: .5em strong #f9f9f9;
padding: zero.5em 1em !necessary;
border-left: 1.5em strong;
.tasty-recipes-details ul li
.tasty-recipe-video-embed ~ .tasty-recipes-equipment
border-top: .15em strong #fff;
.tasty-recipes-nutrition ul li
Taiwanese Beef Noodle Bowl (Gluten-free)
This Taiwanese Beef Noodle Bowl recipe is straightforward to make and excellent for meal prep for the busy week ahead. Not only are these beef noodle bowls wonderfully scrumptious, this recipe happens to be gluten-free, dairy free, and lean.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Prepare dinner Time: 10 min
- Complete Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Class: Essential, Dinner, Pasta, Beef
- Technique: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
For the Beef and Sauce:
1/2 cup common power beef broth
2 TB gluten-free Asian oyster sauce
four TB gluten-free Tamari (or low sodium) soy sauce
1 tsp seasoned Asian rice vinegar
1 tsp chinese 5 spice powder
1 TB pure honey
2 TB olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp freshly peeled/minced ginger
7 cloves recent garlic, chopped
1 lbs 90% lean floor beef
1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots, drained
For the Noodles:
1 lb gluten-free spaghetti, linguini, or rice noodles
2 TB olive oil
2 TB Asian toasted sesame oil
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a bowl, gently whisk together the beef broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, five-spice powder, and honey to combine nicely. Put aside.
In a big, deep skillet, add 2 TB olive oil over medium high warmth until oil is scorching. Add onion and stir 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic, stirring another 1-2 min or till aromatic. Add ground beef and your set-aside bowl of soy sauce combination. Prepare dinner, breaking apart the beef into small bits, till absolutely cooked via; about 2-3 min. Add bamboo shoots, stir, and turn heat off. Cover to keep heat.
Deliver a big pot of generously salted water to boil. Prepare dinner your selection of noodles just to al dente, in response to package deal instructions. Drain absolutely, give noodles a quick rinse with heat water, and drain again to remove all extra water. Return cooked noodles again to giant pot, now empty. Toss noodles with 2 TB olive oil and a couple of TB toasted sesame oil to coat. Add onion powder, garlic powder, and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper to style.
Divide noodles into individual bowls and spoon generously with heat beef and sauce. Prime with freshly sliced inexperienced onions.
Maintain leftover noodles and beef sauce in separate containers in fridge till ready to toss and serve.
Keywords: Taiwanese Beef Noodle Bowl
Chopped Asian Hen Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
30-Minute Asian Orange Beef
Asian Cold Sesame Noodles (Nut Free)